My Whac-A-Mole Life: Did I Say That? *Autism Edition*   

Did I Say That? *Autism Edition*

This week's writing prompt from Mama Kat over at Mama's Losin' It was too good to pass up: Write a list of 10 things you have said to your kids that other moms might not say.

You know, those times when something comes out of your mouth with your super-serious parent voice and you suddenly realize how absurd you sound? (It was warranted, trust me, you just had to be there.) Yep, those. Oh, but I did modify the assignment a bit:
    • First, I enlisted the help of some friends - because think of how great it turned out when we collaborated on our list of -INATORS. (Plus, I didn't have to write it all myself.)
    • I narrowed the focus: Welcome to the AUTISM EDITION.
    • I didn't stop at 10. You're welcome.

SENSORY EXPLORATION (where licking emerged as a common theme)

MANAGING STIMS AND OBSESSIONS

RIGIDITY (with compassion for Glass Half Full)

  • I'm sorry I put your milk on the right side of your plate instead of the left. Stop screaming at me. - Glass Half Full
  • I'm sorry I didn't put your socks on at the same exact moment you wanted them on. Stop screaming at me. - Glass Half Full
  • I know you hate people, sweetheart. I hate them too, but they have to be dealt with. - Pancakes Gone Awry
  • I know you hate utensils, but you can't throw forks across your classroom. It's just not safe! - Glass Half Full
  • I don't care that you think it's stupid, you have to do it, anyway. Life is full of stupid things. Get used to it. -- Woulda Shoulda Coulda
  • Who ate all the bottoms out of the bag of hamburger buns? - Yeah. Good Times.

Mama’s Losin’ It FROM OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: 


Thank you to all of these contributors. Got some good ones of your own? We wanna see! Please comment and share below.

***For more autism parent humor (is that a thing?), check out: You Might Be An Autism Parent If...
Kindly Bookmark and Share it: