My Whac-A-Mole Life: My 10 Superpowers: Monday Listicle   

My 10 Superpowers: Monday Listicle

I'm not the most prolific blogger, but I assure you I am way more prolific than I should be. For example, right now, I should be checking off numbers 3, 5 and 42 on my seemingly stagnant "to do" list. (Seriously. It's like the Dead Sea Scrolls!)

Still, I've over-committed my fake, blogging self this week (now mirroring my real, live self every week). So, I am going to stagger these posts a little...thus explaining why you are seeing my Monday post as early as Saturday. (If you're reading this on Thursday, kindly disregard everything I just said and PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!)

So today, I present my first "Monday" Listicle. See, bloggers like to play these little games. I guess sitting alone with a keyboard for too long makes the loonies even loonier. But it's true that these memes, linkups and series present fun opportunities to challenge each other creatively, connect with new blogs and get to know the wizards behind the curtain a little better.

They also inspire a little friendly competition - whether it be for votes, clicks, comments or blogger love. (Come on, which of you bloggers isn't drooling to hear: "Your meme was the absolute, most brilliant, smartest and funniest EVER!" No? Liar!)

Anyway, I've decided to jump into a few this week ("Hey Girl"...um, no not that one - yet - but it is awesome so do check out the Special Needs Ryan Gosling Meme over at Adventures in Extreme Parenthood.).

I present you my very first Monday Listicle. 
Here's how it works. Each week, someone puts out a list idea and then you just go with it. And of course we all linky up to each other to share and share alike. It's fun to see so many perspectives on the same "assignment" and a great way to connect with other bloggers. Remember, the linkup for this series will only be active beginning Monday.

This week's topic: List 10 things you really like about yourself, things you are good at, your superpowers!

  1. Telepathy. At least with my kids. That's right. I kind of can read their minds. Especially with my daughter with autism. I can look around the room and know instantly what she plans to upturn, eat, steal and destroy. Unfortunately, my telepathic sense appears to work one-way only. My kids have absolutely NO IDEA what I'm thinking...even when I say it out loud.

  2. Meeting deadlines. But only drop-dead, final, this-is-your-last-chance deadlines. I'm good at those.

  3. Talking fast.  Not as in smarmy fast, but speed-wise. This is helpful at doctor's appointments, and the game Taboo. Sometimes, I get impatient when others don't talk/move/think as quickly as I. So you see, there's lots of irony in this. Someone up there was thinking: "You know what would be really funny? Let's give the mom with the least amount of patience those two kids who require the most amount of patience." Well played.

  4. Googling. Sure, everyone can Google. But, trust me, no one can Google like I can. I am your Google Guru. If it's out there, I assure you, I will find it. I'm like the Lisbeth Salander of Google.

  5. I'm a good speler. (Actually, I really am.) And I type supremely fast. What do I win?

  6. Not being depressed. I know that doesn't sound like much of a superpower. And it's not really a choice for those struggling with clinical depression. But I do know what happens if I slow down and start thinking about my children's future. The spiral is tough to fight. Yes, I know "there are tulips" in Holland (this is an autism reference -  I'll try to post the "Welcome To Holland" piece sometime or you can always Google it), but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it 24/7. The day-to-day challenges of raising my children - any children - are hard enough, let alone dwelling on the "what ifs" and the "where will they bes". So yeah, I manage to get up, get dressed (on most days) and smile. In homage to one of my fave Twitter pal handles: where's my cape?

  7. Finding a needle in a haystack. Or rather finding a lone sock in a laundry pile. Or the last remaining pair of girl's leggings in the house that's not filthy, holey or fuschia. Then again, I might not be so terrific at this. Not really sure, but I am LIGHTYEARS ahead of the other people living in this place.

  8. My profession. I don't mention my "work" very much on this blog and I won't go into it here, but I'm pretty damn good at what I do...when I do it!

  9. Sleeping. When I actually get the chance to sleep, it's the deepest of sleep you can sleep. I mean, literally, our burglar alarm will blast, sirens will blare, thunder and lightning will crash, and I don't even roll over. I find that sometimes it just gets incorporated into my dreams. I like to think that if my husband weren't around and the kids needed me or the house really was on fire, that I'd wake up. But sometimes I wonder. Maybe I'm just THAT good at sleeping!

  10. This week's listicle allowed us to choose from two questions. Obviously the first question was about my superpowers...but I'm running out of ideas. So for #10, I'm going with the second question, which is this: You have 48 hours free of all responsibilities and unlimited cash, what would you do, places you’d go, etc. Easy. All the money is used for good. Let's cure diseases, support charities, and generally fix stuff. As for me, you'll find me sleeping in bajillion thread-count sheets with sweet kisses goodnight from my kiddos and a stack of books nearby.

  11. What about you?
Kindly Bookmark and Share it: