My Whac-A-Mole Life: Draw Something Hall of Shame   

Draw Something Hall of Shame


I'm a little late to the Draw Something craze, but that's probably because I've been so absorbed with my Scramble, Scrabble, Poker, Mystery Mansion and Hangman habit.

It's been less than a week, and it seems that I now am as addicted as the rest of you. However, I've got a huge problem with this game: I can NOT draw something. I can NOT draw anything.

I'm not being humble or self-critical. I just can't. Occasionally, I might fancy myself a "word artist" and I'm not terrible at photography, but when it comes to traditional art on paper - drawing, painting, sketching - I'm a complete and utter failure. Does your 5-year-old bring home "Art" from pre-k? Mine is worse. If there were an American Idol for doodling, I'd be brought in during audition week as the "I can't believe anyone's that bad" entertainment.

Once, in 4th grade or so, we were doing something with paper mache. (Natch.) I think we were paper macheing our arms or something. Can't imagine why. Anyway, probably to deflect from my lack of talent in art class and simply to be silly, I put my charm bracelet on the paper mache arm. To help you visualize this, think tacky, plastic, neon-colored charms circa late 70s/early 80s; not Pandora. My art teacher happened to pass by at the moment, and deemed it absolutely brilliant. (Art is weird that way.) She loved it. Before I knew what happened, said paper mache art was displayed in the local (nationally renown!) art museum.

It was a complete fluke because of two facts: 1. It was not brilliant. 2. I really suck at art. (And I kind of missed my charm bracelet. Wonder if I ever got it back?)

Still, I defend my right to play "Draw Something"...and not only draw poorly, but revel in it.

I whined-commented a little when I read this article by my TwitterBook friend: Draw Something (That Doesn't Totally Suck). (Disclaimer - none of the examples are mine. He won't play with me...which is good, because mine are worse).

But I then realized he's probably not having as much fun as I. I am hysterical when I'm drawing these bits AND even more so when I have to witness my opponent's attempts to guess the words that I've so ineptly illustrated. If you want a game like this to be fun, play with someone like me. If you want to win - even though there's not really winning at Draw Something - so let's say win something like Pictionary, put me on the other team (even though I'm okay at guessing. BTW, if the game is Taboo or Catchphrase, I'm your girl. Unstoppable!).

Recently, another TwitterBook friend posted some of her not-so-art-museum-worthy pics on Facebook, and I was practically in tears reading the hilarious comments. Basically, Draw Something is the best party game ever - without the party. So, I am going to provide a space for us to share these pictures and the laughter. We all need it!

***Unfortunately, I haven't quite mastered saving my screenshots on Draw Something, so I can't share my absurd depictions of "joystick" or "airport" ... but don't worry. Worse will come.

Please post your own ... if you dare!

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

8 comments:

  1. You're ridiculous. Of COURSE I'll play with you, doofus. I'm blogginglily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw this comment; you were in my spam. So glad Blogger is watching my back! Sure, we'll play, but my Draws will be copyrighted and may NOT be used for profit or promotion. Except mine. Let the games begin!

      Delete
  2. I'm so addicted to this game its pathetic. I LOVE figuring yours out!!! hahahaaa Jen is sloppy too... (don't tell her i said that lmao) Another friend of mine (not on blogs) oh hers are pretty bad as well. sometimes you just gotta say EFF IT and spell the word FOR them lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Isn't it so much more fun that way? Less talent = more fun. I win.

      Delete
  3. I can't join in this game, I will never come up for air if I do!!! And I'd place money I suck as badly, if now worse, than you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put your money where your mouth is, girlfriend!

      Delete
  4. I can't share any pictures because no one will play Drawsome (British version) with me! Not even my family who will normally indulge me in every other entertainment of this sort (if only so I will keep baking for them!). Nice to know I am not the only one who sucks at art...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder if the British and US versions play well together? I'd totally play with you, D.J.!

      Thank you so much for swinging by AND taking the time to comment! I feel better too.

      Delete